I’ve noticed throughout life that nothing lifts me out of a funk more than helping another person.
Seriously. Something about taking action on behalf of someone else gets me out of my head and lifts my spirits.
It turns out I’m not unique. Scientific studies prove that donating time, money and attention is actually good for your physical and mental health.
Plus, it’s just, you know, a good thing to do.
Consider these points of research.
- Altruism lowers stress, depression, blood pressure, and loneliness.
- It boosts self-esteem, life satisfaction, and community ties.
- People who volunteer in their community report being happier.
- Your positive example encourages others.
- Giving time to others even extends longevity.
Try it today.
You don’t even have to wait for a holiday or until you’re in one of those funks.
P.S. Don’t forget how exercise and eating right boost our spirits and self-esteem. If you need a complete system of working out and nutrition, allow yourself to consider my BLACK FRIDAY deal. It’s 10% off the 90-Day Kettlebell Transformation Program. Click here to schedule a free chat with me to see if we’re a good fit.